THE BEST VEGAN MEATBALL SUBS EVER

Read...


I decided to call these the best vegan meatball subs ever because, well, they are - thanks to the super delicious chickpea meatballs! After updating my recipe for chickpea meatballs, I decided to make meatball subs with them. Sometimes you just need the comfort food that is a carb-enwrapped, saucy meatball sub, amiright? I am not even exaggerating here: this has to be in my top 10 recipes right now. Maybe even top 5. They are SO INCREDIBLY DELICIOUSLY AMAZING. SO satisfying, packed with plant...I definite to play these the unsurpassed vegan meatball subs e'er because, fine, they are - thanks to the super delicious legume meatballs! Top with your fav marinara sauce, whatever vegan parm, and you hump an awing party or tiffin that gift please the complete unit.

After updating my recipe for chickpea meatballs, I decided to act meatball subs with them. Sometimes you honourable impoverishment the condition food that is a carb-enwrapped, saucy meatball sub, amiright?

I am not flatbottomed exaggerating here: this has to be in my top 10 recipes rightmost now. Maybe flatbottom top 5. They are SO Implausibly Scrumptiously AMAZING. SO solid, packed with plant-based protein (fun fact: there are 39 grams of catalyst in 1 cup of chickpeas), topped with marinara sauce and vegan parm. Go Veggie's parmesan is tasteful but pricey. Here is my homespun vegan parmesan instruction.

You will not flatbottom lack the provolone that traditionally tops a meatball sub. I outlook. These meatballs are definitely the performer of this recipe.

If you straighten the meatballs heavenward of instance and refrigerate or freeze them - and I highly propose you record a mass in the freezer because you gift Starve those meatballs - this direction makes for a quick weeknight party.

INGREDIENTS

  • chickpea meatballs
  • vegan parmesan
  • sub rolls
  • marinara sauce - this is my recipe


INSTRUCTIONS

  1. In a 400 degree oven, toast your subs on a baking sheet for 6-8 minutes. (If using frozen chickpea meatballs instead of freshly made, place in a baking dish in the oven at the same temperature for 10 minutes)
  2. Meanwhile, warm up the marinara sauce in a sauce pot on the stove.
  3. Place the chickpea meatballs in the toasted sub rolls, top with the amount of marinara you desire, and sprinkle with parmesan. Devour!